It’s hard to believe that it’s already mid-November! (Weren’t we just talking about Fourth of July events??) No matter the time of year, the good people and towns around the Bay Area go all-out with fun family events.
This year, we encourage you to drive a few miles north of Marin into Sonoma and Napa Counties to play tourist for a few days. Even a little bit of shopping and enjoying a meal or two will help those who were affected by the October wildfires. Or how about spending a night or two in any one of their picturesque towns along with tasting wine at the hundreds of locally owned and operated wineries? That’s one way to kick off the holiday season!
To jumpstart your planning, here are a few of our suggestions to get you and your family out and about this season. We are blessed to live in an area that offers so much to do and see, all wrapped up in a beautiful package! This list is very short and in no way represents all the activities planned for November and December in towns from Santa Rosa to San Francisco! Go online and search for the festivities in the towns you want to visit — you’ll find more than you can handle!
Short List of November & December Events
- 5th Annual Lighting of the Sonoma Plaza, November 18, Sonoma Plaza, Sonoma. (More Info Here)
- The Marin Turkey Trot, Thanksgiving Day, November 23, College of Marin, Indian Valley campus in Novato. Three options: Youth 1 Mile, 5K, & 10K. Great way to kick off Thanksgiving Day! (More Info Here)
- The San Rafael 38th Annual Parade of Lights and Winter Wonderland (with sledding on real snow!), November 24 & 25, Downtown San Rafael. (More Info Here)
- Small Business Saturday, November 25. This is a reminder to shop in locally-owned small businesses on November 25th and throughout the year!
- The Bay Area Discovery Museum is always a solid choice for families with younger children. This year they will have live reindeer each weekend in December. Visit their website for more information.
- Festival of Lights at the Osher Marin JCC, December 10, San Rafael (More Info Here)
- Sundays of Sherman Winter Edition, December 17, Sherman Avenue/Novato City Hall, Novato. Ice Skating is planned! (More Info Here)
We suggest you also visit the Marin Mommies website for more wonderful events this season–especially the Sonoma and Napa Wine Country Family Holiday Fun post.
We hope you and your family and your friends have a wonderful Winter Holiday Season! May we all share in peace, love, and good community no matter where we live.